At SCU 2013 DACH in Bern/Switzerland I had a session together with Kurt van Hoecke (inovativ) and Stefan Johner (itnetx) about how to extend Service Manager for your very own needs. We talked about adding properties to existing classes, add new classes, bring in objects to the CMDB, create custom forms and custom tasks. To demonstrate that we built a simple solution to manage physical computer objects in the CMDB with the following functionality:
- Add new class with properties using VSAE
- Import objects from another management systems by using SCORCH
- Create custom forms in VS to manage the objects and add relationships to logical computer objects)
- Create custom tasks to print labels for the physical computers holding information about the physical computer asset (text as well as QR code)
- Prepare a MP to make sure you have the needed information in the DWH for reporting
So a pretty straightforward example that might help you to understand what’s possible in SCSM.
Feedback is much appreciated!