Today at MMS I took the Private Cloud exam 71-246 “Monitoring and Operating Private Cloud with System Center 2012”. This is one of the exams you need to pass to get the new “MCSE: Private Cloud” certification (Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert). Let me share my experience here.
First of all, the exam is not too easy as you must have knowledge of multiple System Center products and their integration features. Check out the official prep guide here –> http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/exam.aspx?id=70-246. It really helps if you have a good SCOM, SCSM and SCO background. Here’s the oveview for my 58 questions:
- Approx 20 on SCOM
- Agent and Network Device Management
- Distributed Applications and Application Performance Monitoring
- Service Level Tracking
- Approx 10 on SCSM
- Connectors, Groups, Queues and Lists
- Runbook Integration and Execution
- Service Request Management
- Service Offerings and Request Offerings
- Approx 10 on SCO
- Runbook creation, execution and testing
- Runbook nesting
- Approx 10 on SCVMM
- Service Templates
- Approx 5 on SCDPM
- Agents deployment
- 1 on SCCM
- Settings Management
- 1 on SCA
Unfortunately I don’t know the result yet because the results for beta exams are communicated weeks later. Good luck when you take your exam!
Update: Check my experience on 70-247 here
Update: Mid June I got an E-Mail that I passed the exam. Cool!